LPM: Meetings and attendance

David Pitts dpitts at mk.net
Mon Feb 12 13:55:58 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Cashner" <sungo at qx.net>
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, David Hempy wrote:
>
> > The meetings when I learn to be a better perl programmer are the ones
that
> > keep me coming back.  I will continue to attend meetings that are likely
> > benefit me as a programmer.
>
> topic examples?

At one point we discussed going through some different modules.  I still
think this is a good idea (and I didn't even come up with it).  Also, I
would like to see what other people are doing.  Several people in the group
are good programmers.  Others, like myself, are good hacks.  I would like to
see some good programs - what makes them good, etc.  Another idea, is to
look at object orientation again... I'm just starting to get a grip on it,
and would find it a worthy endeavor.  A discussion of mod_perl would be good
too.

Okay, just a few ideas off the top of my head...

> > meetings that I've gotten to in the last year are more for perl junkies
> > more than perl programmers.
>
> theres a difference? :P

Yes, I would place myself in both categories :)

Thanks,

David Pitts
http://www.dpitts.com