LPM: Rescheduling

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Sun Feb 11 09:30:36 CST 2001

Janine wrote:

> > > lunch works for me, if the boss says its all right. :P
>
> I'd have to take a half-day off of work to make a meeting at lunchtime, and
> I'd rather not do that.  Any way we could stay in the after 6pm time slot?

The main issue seems to be that people are not coming to meetings. Now,
last month, we had a decent turnout, but only when compared to the few
months before that. When we first started LPM, there were regularly 10+
people in attendance. Now we think it's a great turnout if we have 5.

Perhaps time and location are not the issue. Perhaps we simply aren't
providing any useful purpose to those folks that are not coming.
However, when I talk to various people about it more than 3/4 of the
time people say that they would love to come, but just can't make it in
the time that has been chosen.

I'll be there pretty much whereever and whenever we have meetings. I
think it's valuable, even in the months when there is not really a
scheduled talk. And I will make sure that anyone that works for me is
able to go o meetings, if we end up having them during work hours. So
from my perspective, I'm just as happy to leave it where it is. I'm
trying to make it possible a larger number of people to come. If moving
it is not going to accomplish that, then there's no point.

SO, on that note, I second the motion that we move to a Wednesday night,
so that Janine and Dave can come. Will this make it less convenient for
anyone else? Is there anyone else that will be able to make it if we
make this move?

--
Rich Bowen <rbowen at rcbowen.com>
Come see me at Apachecon! -- http://www.apachecon.com/