LPM: RE: Next Month's Meeting

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Wed Sep 13 10:11:31 CDT 2000

Sent from a non-subscribed address

----- Forwarded message from owner-lexington-pm-list at pm.org -----

From: "Janine Ladick" <jladick at home.com>
To: <lexington-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org>
Subject: RE: LPM: RE: Next month's meeting
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:56:36 -0400

Here's one of my two cents -

Rich wrote:
> > I thought it was OK, but could have used a leader (I tried to steer, but
> > I did not lead) and a little more preparation. I think that there are
> > probably more things that one could do with CGI.pm, but perhaps we
> > should move on.

I thought the meeting went well.  I'm a big fan of letting the discussion
have a life of its own.  In the Louisville group I aim to be a moderator
rather than a leader.  I've found that if I do a lot of preparation and show
up with an agenda, people expect me to teach them something and they
participate less.  So to encourage participation, only our newbie sessions
have structure.

And here's the other -

Frank wrote:
> My vote is to pick a simpler and shorter module for next time, until
> we get good at picking these apart.  CGI is just too huge.

Yeah, CGI is big, but it's also full of interesting stuff.  Maybe we could
come back to it at a later time, after we "get good" by practicing on
smaller modules.

Janine

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Director of Web Application Development  -  The Creative Group
                                 http://www.cre8tivegroup.com/