LPM: offtopic -- meeting and group interaction

Paul Stackhouse pstackhouse at ket.org
Fri Sep 8 12:01:36 CDT 2000

> > In the hopes of making UK a top 20 research institution we (UKLUG & ACM)
> > are trying to give students and kentucky (anyone) citizens some new
> > oppurtunities(misspelled).  In a nutshell we would like to have all the
> > technology groups in the state have some kind of formal correspodence and
> > shared projects.  We know this isn't for everyone but....

I passed a copy of your original message to the current president of the
Central Kentucky Computer Society - Jim McCormick
<jmccormick at mckinnie.com>  But a note directly to him would be
appreciated, I'm sure.

> I'm all for this. Making Kentucky a serious consideration for start-up
> technology companies who would otherwise go to San Jose is a noble, and
> doable, ambition. Having this movement start with the University, rather
> than by businesses, is the right way to go.
>
> Having said that, having the endorsement and support of Dr Lee Todd
> (CEO, DataBeam Corporation) would be a valuable thing in this sort of
> endeavor.

Two other names:  Bruce (?) Cobb (founder of the Cobb Group, and a
techno big-wig in Louisville) and Ric Manning of the C-J

		-paul

--
Paul Stackhouse           Webmaster
Kentucky Educational TV   Voice: 859-258-7135