LPM: next month

sungo at qx.net sungo at qx.net
Fri Oct 13 09:53:12 CDT 2000

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Paul Stackhouse wrote:

> Would you all consider joining with a larger organization of computer
> users?  The Central Kentucky Computer Society leases office space
> including 2 labs and a meeting room (for 30 people) with projector.
> They offer a monthly newsletter, around seven hundred members, sponsors
> regional events, etc.

i'd like to keep perlmongers a separate entity.

> The caveat would be that regular meeting attenders would be asked to
> become members (not a hard sell) at $29/year. Seven current members
> would petition for a meeting night and someone would have to agree to be
> the (gasp!) leader the group.  Here is a calendar of current meetings.

i'm here to learn about perl (and perl only thank you) and geek a bit.
i'm not paying dues for that privilege.  i very much enjoy the get together
hang out eat food and talk code approach. in other words, i very much
enjoy perlmongers quite the way it is even if we are a bit disorganized
some of the time.

--------
Matt Cashner
Web Applications Developer