LPM: HLIM 0.2.8, and a request for help

David Rankin drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us
Wed Oct 11 05:58:46 CDT 2000

I've just released version 0.2.8 of HLIM, the Home Library Information
Manager. HLIM is a Perl DB front-end designed to track your entire
home library collection using either a barcode scanner (right now,
it supports the :Cuecat) or manual entry.

Unfortunately, I'm having an annoying error messages out of one of HLIM's
Perl modules. Every time it's run on my NetBSD box with 5.004_04, I see:

Value of <HANDLE> construct can be "0"; test with defined() at /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/HLIM.pm line 65535.

I don't have 2^8 - 1 lines in the module, so I am at a complete loss as
to why this thing is generating the error message. Could someone with more
experience in this area take a look? (But don't laugh or fuss about the
stupid POD messages I have in the modules. :)

The project homepage is http://hlim.sourceforge.net and downloads are
at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10563

Many thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   Email: drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us   Address/Phone Number: Ask me.