LPM: Perl on Win2000?

David Hempy hempy at ket.org
Wed May 10 15:13:40 CDT 2000

At 03:50 PM 5/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>David Hempy wrote:
> >
> > Anybody doing it?
>
>Yep. I've got ActivePerl 5.6 on my Win2000 machine. I use it for some
>things, but not much. It's just my laptop. But I'm about to put Win2000
>on my primary desktop.
>
>Rich

Good to know.  I'm just about fed up getting NTW 4.0 to behave on my new
laptop, but don't want to go back to Win 98.  I'm considering going to Win
2000, but don't really want to be a trailblazer, developing on a platform
ahead of our servers.  That's one reason I got away from 98...to match the
server's OS.

Does 2000 feel more like NT or 98?  Any suggestions, comments or warnings?

-dave

--
David Hempy
Internet Database Administrator