LPM: perlcc 5.6

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Wed Mar 29 12:19:03 CST 2000

Matt Cashner wrote:

> i've been playing with perlcc with 5.6 a bit. i've gotten it to work
> pretty well on short things that dont need many modules. It doesnt seem to
> like LWP::UserAgent one bit though. it may be that LWP::UserAgent requires
> everything but the kitchen sink to run... but the script runs fine raw but
> cooked, the functions that use LWP dont work. any thoughts anyone? this is
> just for fun so dont waste too many precious brain cycles on it. :P

It seems that things that I read about the compiler (pre 5.6) indicated
that you might want to explicitly 'use' every module that LWP::UserAgent
uses. Which includes many of the LWP::* modules. You can use the
debugger to give you a list of all the modules that are loaded, I think.

Rich
--
http://www.ApacheUnleashed.com/
Lexington Perl Mongers - http://lexington.pm.org/