LPM: wyswyg

Joe Hourcle oneiros at dcr.net
Wed Mar 22 09:03:53 CST 2000

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 repett0 at sac.uky.edu wrote:

> I probably spelled that wrong, but anyways,.... does anyone know of a perl
> script that does html editing.  No this is the kicker, this script is for
> pages already made, and can be modified without knowing html.  like you
> should be able to highlight text and click something to make it bold.

You're trying to handle this all through a GUI, I assume, as you mentioned
'highlight' and 'click'
Perl may not be the best way to handle this sort of thing...
I've seen Java programs that do really rudimentary HTML, but in the long
run, it's almost easier to open a file in MSWord, change the file and do
'save as HTML' (or WordPerfect, whatever your prefered word processor is)

The only thing that I can think of that may even give you a basis to start
from is HTML::FromText (which I've never used), which is supposed to build
HTML from text files...

-----
Joe Hourcle