LPM: Email attachments

Joe Hourcle oneiros at dcr.net
Wed Mar 22 08:14:37 CST 2000

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Rich Bowen wrote:

> Any of you guys aware of a module that handles email attachments simply?
> I don't really want to have to use something like MIME::Lite to build
> the message myself, but I suppose I could. I was hoping that there was a
> Mail::Something module that would just let me do something like:
>
> $mail = new Mail::Something;
> $mail->attach("/path/to/file");
> $mail->recipient('rbowen at rcbowen.com');
> $mail->send;
>
> Or something along those lines.
>
> Any suggestions?

Well, my normal method if digging isn't pretty...

	ftp://ftp@ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/modules/by-module/Mail/

(and looking through the readmes in there...)

The only one that I haven't disproven to be helpful is Mail::Mailtools,
and that's only because they don't have a very detailed readme.

If that one doesn't do it, MIME::Lite looks like the way to go.

-----
Joe Hourcle