LPM: Problems with text::template

David Pitts dpitts at mk.net
Wed Jun 21 20:23:39 CDT 2000

Okay, I am playing with text::template for the first time - thanks to Rich's discussion on it.  I have a template that includes some perl... something like this:

       <TD bgColor={$newsbgcolor} width=3>
       <TD width=10></TD>
       <TD width=328>
<!-- Begin News Text -->
Get news here:  {&getnews;''}

The {$variable} does fine.  The problem is with the lines like:

Get news here:  {&getnews;''}

What it is doing is it is taking any subroutine results and displaying them (returning them) first, and then is giving my template....

Assuming the previous code were the entire template (for sake of clarity and example), then my results would be:

[text that goes with getnews]
       <TD bgColor="green" width=3>
       <TD width=10></TD>
       <TD width=328>
<!-- Begin News Text -->
Get news here:  </td>

Anybody got any thoughts??  Anybody even understand this??

Thanks,

David
David Pitts
President, Pitts Technical Resources, Inc
(859) 552-3262
www.dpitts.com
dpitts at mk.net