LPM: acm meeting and future of cs/ee at uk

repett0 at sac.uky.edu repett0 at sac.uky.edu
Thu Jan 27 20:59:07 CST 2000

If you are a student and interested in the following

1) Computer Science
2) Electrical Engineering
3) Technology in general(Linux, Perl, etc...)

I would urge you coming to the next acm meeting (all majors can attend not
just cs and ee).  Some issues are what are the classes teaching and what
could change,.. to see about the new computer engineering degree.  Also
for cs only, voting for grad and ungrad reps on the faculty board.  This
is a must go to meeting for all undergrad and grad..  This is going to
have direct impacts on the structure of technology and theory at UK.
Please come.  If you have any questions email me, or call 252-7173(home).

I'll email where the meeting is this weekend.. right now it is the Mineral
Science building (across from chem phys) in room 110 at 4pm.  Skip class..
this is a very urgent meeting and we need a majority turn out.

Thanks
Ronald Petty
ACM (one of 2 undergrads at the meeting)
Treasurer UKLUG
Whanta be PERL user....