LPM: Regexps for email.

0x29A [B.Vandgrift] booberry at io.com
Wed Jan 26 10:09:01 CST 2000

I'm working on a script which goes through a link library I have and
throws down mad links.  I'm having a problem with my email nonsense.

ideally, I'd like this bit of the program to take something like:
here is an email address:booberry at io.com
--
and turn it into:
--

I am using the following rexexp:
$inline =~ s/\b(\w+\@\w+(\.\w+)*\.\w+)\b/<a href=\"mailto:$1\">$1<\/a>/g;

The problem is, it continues matching on the line.  Hence, I get three
nested requests.  Cool, but not useful.  How can I tell the regexp engine
not to attempt a match on the text that it just inserted?

Suggestions, comments, etc?  They'd all be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--
Ben Vandgrift <booberry at io.com>              http://www.io.com/~booberry