LPM: DBI woes

Janine Ladick janine.ladick at fetterprinting.com
Fri Feb 25 10:13:04 CST 2000

> Unfortunately, using Win32::ODBC is not an option in my case, because it
> has to work on Linux too. I don't have the time (or the patience) to
> maintain two versions of the code. *sigh*

You really *are* screwed, aren't you?

Okay, this is a bad suggestion and I know it, but I feel your pain and
am compelled to offer a band-aid.  What about using the MS
Access driver to connect to the table and copy it to a temp table in
another format (dBASE, CSV, whatever).  Then use the appropriate
DBD for that format to pull the rows you want from the temp table.
When done, delete the temp table.

It's ugly but it just might work.

Janine

P.S.  Any chance you could find a non-Microsoft driver for Access?

-------
Janine Ladick
Manager, Data Processing
Fetter Printing Company