LPM: Test / question on date stuff

Carl Rose lothos_25 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 09:33:59 CST 2000

OK,
   I just subscribed and test to see if this gets out
where I want it.  Second:  I have a question
concerning the incrementation of the day of the month.
 I am a newbie of sorts so I ask your forgiveness in
advance for my lack of knowledge.  But I am trying to
learn and that is more than most are willing to do.
To wit -- I have a script that needs to rotate date
functions in 28 day intervals- I have the following
code

($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst)
= localtime(time);
    $mon += 1;
    $year = $year +1900;

   print "$mon/$mday/$year \n";

It of course returns the date just like I want it
(02/09/2000).  So what code do I issue to get 28 days
from now added onto the day and get the correct
rollaround. (ie when you add 28 above you get Feb 37th
-ugg instead of the early part of March).  Any help
would be appreciated and go toward good karma.

Regards,
-C

=====
"The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is its inefficiency."
-Eugene McCarthy