LPM: Q: End a process/program under NT?

llang at baywestpaper.com llang at baywestpaper.com
Fri Feb 4 15:08:16 CST 2000

Having only (thus far) used Perl for general text wrangling and input
mutilation, and not being able to dig in and use it on a daily basis to
learn the proverbial finer points of it, I now find myself faced with the
following:

We have a process that runs in the system tray under NT.  I'd like to be
able to shut it down, but do so kindly.  In essence, I want to send it the
equivalent of an ALT-F4 (I guess that'd be an exit signal??)  Doing that
will make it shut down all of it's internal comm threads in the proper way
and such niceties.  Can someone push me in the direction of the right
module to look at (Win32::{OLE || Process || other}) and a general run-down
of how-to?  (Bear in mind that I've never had cause to do process
manipulation/management before and that I'm a reluctant NT newbie.)  :-)

Loren