LPM: module reading group

ken.rietz at asbury.edu ken.rietz at asbury.edu
Fri Aug 25 11:28:49 CDT 2000

> Given the votes so far CGI is the winner.  Unless there's a big
> outpouring for something else, let's do it.
>
> A few more details:
>
>  - Do we want to do this at the meeting, in lieu of our other meeting
>    activities (a presentation)?  Seems there is support for this idea.

That's what I was thinking. THe last thing I need is another, separate
meeting. I really like Perl, but I wanna have a life, too.

>  - It's probably a good idea to have a pumpking.  Volunteers?

That's easy. I volunteer Rich. :-) (Told ya it was easy.)

I'll volunteer to be under-pumpking ... pumpviceroy ... uhh, what *do*
you call it?

>    I'll be
>    last resort but I really am not super-familiar with CGI.  Or since
>    CGI is so big, we could have a few pumpkings for different
>    sections.  Thoughts on how to divide it up, what to tackle first,
>    etc?

I'm not familiar enough with the structure of CGI.pm to know. Ask the
pumpking. :-)

>  - The book reading groups I've known work like this: beforehand you
>    decide what book/chapters to read, and then you read them before
>    the meeting.  The moderator usually brings a few questions/comments
>    to get started, and then off you go.  Do we want to do it like that
>    or some other way?

Definitely, have everyone read about it first. Then, someone who has a
good grasp of it (and that could change from meeting to meeting) give an
overview. Then we all can jump in with questions and try to work out the
rougher parts together.

> Thanks for caring,

Thanks for the idea!

-- Ken Rietz