LPM: module reading group

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Wed Aug 23 22:05:37 CDT 2000

ken.rietz at asbury.edu wrote:
> 2. I agree that DBD/DBI and POSIX both would seem very OS/CPU dependent.
> There is a good chance that the *nix port and the ActiveState ports are
> very different, making it hard to communicate cross-platform. I expect
> that Net::* could have similar problems.

All of the Net::* modules that I have worked with were, I think, pure
Perl (no XS portion) and completely platform-independant.

> 4. Once we get used to this, we could also begin to think about writing
> some modules as a Perl Mongers group.

I've been working on some Date:: modules for the last several weeks. And
Matt has been working on some of them with me. And there are a plethora
of others queued up to work on. These might be entertaining.

Rich
Rich at cre8tivegroup.com
Director of Web Application Development  -  The Creative Group
                                 http://www.cre8tivegroup.com/
Author - Apache Server Unleashed - http://apacheunleashed.com/