LPM: Expect-like functionality without "use"ing Expect

AARON B. DOSSETT aaron at iglou.com
Wed Apr 26 14:08:06 CDT 2000

All,

I'm in a bit of a bind.  I need to have some Expect-like functionality in a
perl script on a system that a) doesn't have Expect installed and b) doesn't
have the Perl Expect module installed.  I only want a very small bit of
Expect functionality.  I need to capture output from a command executed with
"sudo" which may or may not prompt me for a password.  Any suggestions on how
to do this with just the perl core (5.004_04) ?

Thanks,

Aaron