LPM: cgi script

Joe Alexander jalexander at toyolexky.com
Tue Apr 18 16:28:11 CDT 2000

I was told by Prof. Marek of UK that you might be able to help me with a
particular project I want to pull off. The trouble is, I don't have
necessary programming expertise.

First, could you tell me exactly what your org does, and what type of people
comprise this org. Just curious.

As for myself, I'm a graduate of UK, and am trying to get a website going,
and as part of that, I will have a survey given online which requires some
programming.

If you can help, or are interested, here's an explanation of what I need:

The idea is in three parts. First, collect from a finite number of
respondents the answers to 40-question multiple-choice survey, and store the
results in a database on a server. The second part is to provide the same
40-question survey (over the net) to an unlimited number of respondents.
Thirdly, the results (by each question) then are automatically compared to
the pre-existing results, and the program generates the best match between
the live respondent and the pre-existing results. This match is then shown
to the live respondent: “Your answers most closely match so-and-so’s
answers.”

Thank you.

Joe Alexander
(859) 231-9854, ext. 29