LPM: hlp with h2ph :) sorry

repett0 at sac.uky.edu repett0 at sac.uky.edu
Sat Apr 1 19:46:35 CST 2000

I have been a lurker for a long time on this list and need some help.  I
had to run a program for a class using anykind of scripting and I choose
perl so I can start getting some skillz...  However, Im having problems on
finding the best way to get a syscall to work.  In solaris(at least most
shells) you can type 'clear' to clear the screen or 'ls' to list files.
How do you make these calls in a perl script without exiting the script.
I used exec clear, and the script exits.  Also where and how do you add
things like

require 'syscall.ph';

????

Thanks alot.