LPM: October meeting

Joe Hourcle oneiros at dcr.net
Tue Sep 14 18:37:28 CDT 1999

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Rich Bowen wrote:

> Well, we had a good meeting last night, but there were only 6 of us
> there. Perhaps we'll have a better turnout in October, with our featured
> speaker.

Well, as one of those who missed the meeting, is there any chance for the
notes on the topic to be put up on the webpage?

Also, as a side note, I was looking over some of the previous notes, and
noticed that there's a few occurances where reading from filehandles
wasn't encoded in the June notes

eg.
	<FILE>
would have to be
	&lt;FILE&gt;

so it'd show on the webpage.

There's also a few occurances of
	=>
in the July notes, which should also be encoded, although some browsers
may display it correctly.

(blah...I just wish the <CODE> directive in HTML would actually do
something useful, more than just being the same as <TT> was.  Hell, even
<PRE> is more useful, as it doesn't compact whitespace.)

-----
Joe Hourcle
Digital Crescent, Inc.