LPM: Novebmer

Frank Price fprice at mis.net
Fri Oct 22 22:12:03 CDT 1999

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Rich Bowen wrote:

# I guess it's time to start thinking about November.
# I'd be happy to do something that we talked about last month, where I
# take 3 or 4 recipes from Gnat's book and go over them, for the beginners
# section. Does that still seem like a good idea to anyone? Any
# suggestions/volunteers for the advanced section?

I'm brand new to this list, so this might have been covered before,
but here's what *I'd* like to discuss: how to reuse your own Perl code.
This could range from slapping a subroutine in a separate
file, putting a 1; at the end, and require'ing it; all the way up to
making full-fledged modules with the namespace separation that gives
you.

I've experimented with some of this a bit, but don't quite feel up to
presenting on it just yet.  Might be able to in a few months if
there's interest though.

Incidentally, what is "Gnat's book?"

-Frank.
--