LPM: Mini-conferences

David Hempy hempy at ket.org
Wed Jun 9 16:34:19 CDT 1999

>1) Would you attend?

Absolutely.

>2) What topics would you like to see covered by speakers?

You name it.  Anything related to web applications, databases, and NT
issues top my list, but I would attend any topic.

>3) Would you be a speaker, and what will you talk about?

I would be happy to.  However, I am a perl novice.  I could talk about
general CGI or Database stuff, although my perl-specific commentary would
be limited.

>4) What BOF sessions would you be interested in hosting? (BOF == Birds
>Of a Feather - people with similar concerns and interests discussing a
>topic or topics)
>5) Do you have a large conference room and AV equipment that you would
>be willing donate for an afternoon, or a whole day?

Absolutely.  You name it, we got it.  (Except an LCD projector, maybe.)

>6) Do you have a potential audience that would be interested in coming
>to an almost-free Perl conference for a half a day?

I will frequently have 2-4 interested people.

>7) Do you think that this is a good idea at all.

Yes.  It will depend primarily on someone with initiative to make it happen
and secondarily on people eager to present and participate.

-dave

--
David Hempy
Internet Database Administrator