LPM: Next meeting

John Soward soward at uky.edu
Wed Jun 2 09:57:06 CDT 1999

Rich Bowen wrote:

> Having gotten absolutely no response of any kind, I'm wondering if the
> network problems I had over the weekend made my email not go out.
>
> We need to find an alternative location for next meeting. Or an
> alternative date/time, which is much less satisfactory, in my mind.
> Joseph Beth is not available.
>
> These are the options that I know about. Please vote on one, or suggest
> another. The former is preferable, so that we can come to a swift
> solution and reserve some place before they are all taken up. The
> meeting is a week from today.
>
> Applebees
> Olive Garden
> Shoney's
> Red Lobster
> Italian Oven
> Raffertys
> DeShay's (probably a bit expensive)
> Logan's Steak House (they also have an outdoor area)
> Lexngton Brewery (probably too late to get a room there)
> Dudley's (probably a bit expensive)

I suppose I vote primarily for moving the meetings to an evening or late
afternoon time. I for one can't make it out easily during lunch, and to
make it way out nicholasville road is impossible. I suppose if it were
at Dudley's it would be possible. Still with an evening or late
afternoon session there are no worries about running late if an
interesting discussion pops up.

Sawyer's reserves areas in the evening, at least they do for the 'start
up at 5' group I periodically attend...
--
John Soward
Lead Systems Programmer, Technical Services, University of Kentucky