LPM: Next month's meeting

David Hempy hempy at ket.org
Wed Jul 14 22:13:19 CDT 1999

>There were several topics that I suggested for last month's meeting.
>Those topics were: Modules (finding, installing, using, and writing
>them.), CGI (Subtitle: Why I don't 'use CGI.pm'), NT System
>administration with Perl (Subtitle: Making NT usable) or Stupid Perl
>Tricks (Schwartzian transforms, Orcish stuff, memoizing, and other cool
>toys). I already did the NT one, and would be wiling to do one of the
>others, but would prefer if someone else took August, since I have about
>a zillion things going on between now and August 9th.

I would be eager to hear about any of these, especially the ones I don't
even recognize.  (Schwartzian transforms???  Isn't that something from a
TNG episode?)  I regret I'm in no position to lead any Perl sessions, but
I'll  see if I can't do a little recruiting.

>I think that, based on the input so far, and on the votes tallied so
>far, we'll be meeting on the evening of August 9th. Although the Horse
>Park does sound appealing, it adds considerably to the drive for some of
>us, and it would seem that KET is a little more conveniently located for
>more people. Just my $0.02, which can be shouted down, if you like.
>We've got a few weeks to decide. I'd like to get some posters on campus
>this time, though, especially if we are going to meet that near campus.

Doesn't matter to me... I'll reserve a room here at KET if you give me the
thumbs-up, Rich.  Lacking any other volunteers, I can also do some poster
patrol, as I'm near campus.  It will give me an excuse to stomp across
campus again.  I can also pass word along to the Central Kentucky Computer
Society, and hopefully we can get in a newsletter before then.

>On another topic, if we order pizza, how much should we charge each
>person? Would $4 or $5 cover it?

I'm sure that would be plenty.  I suspect we can just pass a hat and come
out OK.

-dave

--
David Hempy