LPM: Next month's meeting

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Wed Jul 14 09:25:17 CDT 1999

Joe Hourcle wrote:
> Well, in this case, I think it comes down to:
>         Have we already made a reservation somewhere?
>         Is that place reasonably quiet?

No, we don't already have a reservation. We _had_ a lunch reservation
for Joseph Beth, which I cancelled when we decided to move to evenings.
So far, we've met at Joseph Beth (very quiet, and very hard to get,
especially in the evenings, but I would not mind trying again), Olive
Garden (reasonably quiet at lunch time, but I've never been there in the
evening), and Joe Bologna's (I had to yell the whole time, and they had
ESPN on a 60-inch screen directly behind my whiteboard). Other
suggestions include various persons offering conference rooms at their
place of employment. We could order pizza, and split the cost. That's my
vote. It would be quiet, probably a lot cheaper than any restaraunt, we
would have the resources we needed (whiteboard, network connection,
etc), and we would not have to go by the restaraunt's schedule.

Rich
--
It seems to me as we make our own few circles 'round the sun
We get it backwards and our seven years go by like one