LPM: Encryption Question

Janine Ladick janine.ladick at fetterprinting.com
Wed Dec 22 08:15:18 CST 1999

> Do you really need a CSR to be able to do it by "hand"?  This seems
> fraught with peril :-)

Isn't not an SSN or anything like that...just a frequent flyer account
number.  :-)  By hand is not as perilous as one might think.

> If you had a secure web server, and the CSRs had web access, then you
> could have a script which would encrypt this special ID.  You start with the
> special ID, encrypt it, add to mailing label.  If it comes back, you
> send to CSR.  CSR gets enters encrypted number into secure web form
> which returns special ID.

That would be cool, but things are so tight around here I can't even
get to my email from outside the building - and I'm management, for
crying out loud!

I do like the idea of a conversion program.  If Beth (the CSR)
needed to research on more than a few mailers then decoding by
hand would be cumbersome.  Hmm...sounds like a holiday project to
me.  Thanks!

Janine