LPM: Special Webhosting and Dedicated Server Offer

Graydon Dodson grdodson at lexmark.com
Wed Dec 8 16:44:29 CST 1999

  The following is a section from my system's majordomo config files.  Looks
like this is what you have to set in your .config file to get what you want
to work.
  My guess is set "restrict_post" to the filename of the file that holds
all the subscribed users.  I have never tried this, we don't use "resend" here
so it would not work in my shop, but I believe this list does use "resend".

Graydon Dodson

------  majordomo *.config file ------
        # restrict_post        [restrict_post] (undef) <resend>
        # If defined, only addresses listed in these files (colon or space
        # separated) can post to the mailing list. By default, these files
        # are relative to the lists directory. These files are also checked
        # when get_access, index_access, info_access, intro_access,
        # which_access, or who_access is set to 'list'. This is less useful
        # than it seems it should be since there is no way to create these
        # files if you do not have access to the machine running resend.
        # This mechanism will be replaced in a future version of
        # majordomo/resend.
restrict_post       =