LPM: A many monkeys question

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Sat Aug 14 07:35:13 CDT 1999

It might be worthwhile to make three passes through the document, the
first time through changing the ones with http: to A* *H*R*E*F or
something like that, then doing your case changes, then changing the A*
*H*R*E*Fs back to A HREFs. I know it's clunky, but I can't seem to think
of another way to do it.

Of course, if you are jut trying to solve the problem that links are the
wrong case and getting 404s, you might want to consider a non-perl
approach (gasp! heresy!) and use the mod_speling module (are you using
Apache) to correct the casing on the fly, and avoid the 404s on the
server side.

Rich
--
It seems to me as we make our own few circles 'round the sun
We get it backwards and our seven years go by like one