LPM: Roll call ...

Michael A. Wallace michael at swri.edu
Mon Apr 19 21:40:24 CDT 1999

First, an introduction is in order since probably none of you even know I
exist.  I am Mike Wallace, and a senior at UK.  I am currently on a co-op
for a research & development company in San Antonio, Texas.  I just
happened to be on the Perl web site one day and came across a list of Perl
Mongers across the nation.  When I saw that Lexington was on the list, I
subscribed myself.  My original impetus for subscribing was just to learn
about Perl.

I am not a big Perl programmer and I have used it sparingly at most.  This
is mostly because what I am doing does not naturally lend itself to Perl.
Of course, if I knew more about the power of the language, that might be
different.  I consider myself more of a C/C++ programmer.

I first ran into Perl during my freshman year at UK.

As for my bosses, they are in favor of any language that will get the job
done easily, effectively, etc.  If I were to say that I wanted to use Perl,
and could give a good reason, they'd let me.

Michael Wallace
Southwest Research Institute
210.522.4778
mwallace at swri.edu