LPM: RE: Roll call ...

Lang Loren Loren.Lang at Columbia.net
Mon Apr 19 14:54:01 CDT 1999

Well - I guess I'm the wannabe of the group.  I have only recently entered
the Perl arena more out of a desire to stretch my mind a bit and cram yet a
few more things in there.  Unfortunately, my current job does not afford me
the time to actually DO anything with it.  (I'm working on changing that,
but it hasn't happened yet.)  Network/system management is only a small
piece of what I do and I'm trying to find something where I can specialize
more.

Future plans for Perl usage include network/system monitoring, automation of
some administrative tasks that I'm currently doing at a command line,
writing a specialized utility that'll create a consolidated summary report
out of several reports with way too much "other" stuff in them, and maybe
writing a front-end report viewer so we can stop printing all these stupid
reports that people pull one or two number off of and then throw away.

Won't be able to start playing with it much until at least July the way
things stand right now, though.

Loren