LPM: Next meeting

Michael Firestone mfiresto at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 12 16:09:33 CDT 1999

>Hey, Perl Mongers, (and you other hapless folks that I've bcc'ed on
>this)
>Just a reminder that we are (last time I checked) planning to meet for
>lunch at the South Broadway Jalapenos at 12:30 this Wednesday the 14th.
>That's 924107400 to you unix geeks.
Count me in.

>Someone suggested that we have an agenda this time around. I'd really
>like to know how people are using Perl in their work. I'd also really
>like to know the general attitude of management towards Perl - whether
>it is accepted as a 'real' programming language, whether people actually
>know that you are running business-critical processes on Perl, stuff
>like that.
I would like to know a more about how people first "discovered" perl, how
they developed and enhanced their proficiency, etc.

Mik Firestone  mfiresto at mindspring.com
"Big Juju", declared the box on Trell's belt, "Much magic.  Ship no fly
fast, if not white"...
Trell was stunned beyond words.  Gak! The entire theory of chromatic space
travel boiled down to two sentences?