LPM: Next meeting

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Sun Apr 11 14:22:10 CDT 1999

Hey, Perl Mongers, (and you other hapless folks that I've bcc'ed on
this)
Just a reminder that we are (last time I checked) planning to meet for
lunch at the South Broadway Jalapenos at 12:30 this Wednesday the 14th.
That's 924107400 to you unix geeks.

perl -MTime::ParseDate -e 'print parsedate("04/14/1999 12:30pm")'

Yeah, I'm showing off, but I figure we should at least discuss a little
Perl, since we are the Perl Mongers.

Someone suggested that we have an agenda this time around. I'd really
like to know how people are using Perl in their work. I'd also really
like to know the general attitude of management towards Perl - whether
it is accepted as a 'real' programming language, whether people actually
know that you are running business-critical processes on Perl, stuff
like that.

So, tell anyone you know that cares about Perl, and drag them along. We
need to get at least a vague idea of how many people we might have, so
that we can warn the nice folks at Jalapenos.

Rich, your humble secretary.
lexington.pm.org

ps. Patrick, I've misplaced the password for the pm.org site. I know I
have it at the office, but I don't feel like going to the office to get
it. If you get this before Monday, could you please send it again?
Thanks.
RCBowen.com - rbowen at rcbowen.com
perl -e 'print "Just Another Perl Hacker"; # Eschew obfuscation'