[LasVegas-pm] LasVegas.pm -- State of the Onion

hippsta the.hippsta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:16:39 PDT 2011

Hello Fellow Mongers!

We’ve been inactive for far too long, and as the new group leader, I aim to
change that.
The companies in this city are not hiring perl programmers, and we are the
only ones that can convince them, and the local computer science /
programming community that perl is the answer: not java, python, php or
ruby.

Furthermore, we live in one of the most popular and visited cities in the
world: so we should be able to secure plenty of guest speakers for keynotes
and lightning talks during our meetings. (I’ve literally already had offers
from other group leaders, since yesterday.)

I mainly wanted to get an idea of who all on the list is still out there,
still interested in perl, and to touch base with them. Although, if I have
to I’ll go kidnap some university students and train them myself to rebuild
the group.

Perl & Loathing in Las Vegas!
http://lasvegas.pm.org/
--