[kw-pm] how to identify the ubuntu package that contains a module?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Jan 21 15:40:15 PST 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011, Justin Wheeler wrote:

> debian/ubuntu follow a standard package naming format for perl modules.
>
> lib<lc(package name with s/::/-/g;)>-perl
>
> So, for example, if DBIx::Class has perl modules, it would be:
>
> libdbix-class-perl

  i thought that was the case, so i was fairly sure there was no
ubuntu package for it.  no problem, this seems to have solved *that*
problem:

  $ sudo cpan File::Inplace

however, now that that's resolved, the build script runs through the
list of requirements and i get:

Checking prerequisites...
 - ERROR: XML::Simple is not installed
 - ERROR: Template is not installed
 - ERROR: XML::TreeBuilder (3.09) is installed, but we need version >= 4
 - ERROR: XML::Simple is not installed
 - ERROR: Template is not installed
 - ERROR: XML::TreeBuilder (3.09) is installed, but we need version >= 4

so start with:

 $ sudo apt-get install libxml-simple-perl libtemplate-perl

and i'm down to:

Checking prerequisites...
 - ERROR: XML::TreeBuilder (3.09) is installed, but we need version >= 4
 - ERROR: XML::TreeBuilder (3.09) is installed, but we need version >= 4

but that's the tricky one since the *current* perl package is
obviously not new enough.  under these circumstances, would i run cpan
again for this module?

rday