[kw-pm] Time for a beginners talk?

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Tue Jan 18 13:35:12 PST 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Tyler Slijboom wrote:

> I see on the Topics Wiki that UW CSC has expressed interest in the KW PM
> talks.

There isn't a time-stamp on the comment on that page, but I'm pretty sure
it was from Jan/feb/mar 2009.  Still, yes short beginner talks are a good
thing and your suggestion is welcome.

> Would now be a good time for such a talk?

Sine we haven't advertised beginner talks to CSC this year, may we
put you in for a short beginner talk for February? Like, 15 minutes? That
way we can see about specifically attracting some beginners?

> I am happy to give a beginners talk which I see has been mentioned twice on
> that.  Focus would be installing modules, and really handy core modules.
>

> I will prepare some slides for the talk, where do I submit them?  As an
> attachement to this list?

Best would be emailing them to me to put onto the talks section of the
site, which we can tell folks to go look at...

Thanks!
-Daniel