[kw-pm] Scrambling Letters Within a Word

Abram Hindle abez at abez.ca
Mon Oct 19 11:04:25 PDT 2009

One could piece together a breaker using this module:

http://search.cpan.org/~fxn/Algorithm-Combinatorics/Combinatorics.pm

And some dictionary look up.

I trust the above module because it cites its reputable sources:

[1] Donald E. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 4, Fascicle
2: Generating All Tuples and Permutations. Addison Wesley Professional,
2005. ISBN 0201853930.

[2] Donald E. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 4, Fascicle
3: Generating All Combinations and Partitions. Addison Wesley
Professional, 2005. ISBN 0201853949.

[3] Michael Orlov, Efficient Generation of Set Partitions,
http://www.informatik.uni-ulm.de/ni/Lehre/WS03/DMM/Software/partitions.pdf.

What's great about this module is that it gives you an iterator
interface so you don't need to use all your memory on the permutation of
 larger words :)

abram