[kw-pm] Fairly Off-Topic: Arts studio event Thursday evening

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Wed Feb 18 19:15:59 PST 2009

Sean Puckett, a friend of mine who came to a kw-pm meeting last year,
forwarded me this info about his arts studio's open-house tomorrow in
downtown Kitchener.

A number of cities have Third Thursday arts events, and now K/W does too.
For obvious reasons, that's an inconvienent time for many of us- but this
month, perhaps?.. I thought the Japanese brush painting workshop looked
neat.

Let me know if anyone wants to carpool, I'm probably going to try and go
for the 8pm brush-painting workshop.

-Daniel

----

The Third Thursday of February is coming up, and here's what Globe
Studios in Kitchener has planned.  All events are free and the public
is welcome.

Third Thursdays @ Globe Studios - February 19, 2009
A public monthly free cultural arts social network event ... THING.
Come.  Hang out.  See what we've been working on.  Share what you've
been working on.  See stuff.  Do stuff.  And it's all free.

FREE Workshop -- Spirit of Sumi-E -- with Darleen Clay
SUMI-E is Japanese ink brush painting which is an Eastern art form
that attempts to capture the essence of an object, person, animal or
landscape.  You will learn the basic art of using suggestion and
simplicity to imply reality, working with one of the four paragons of
Sumi-e, the bamboo.  One hour.  Two sessions, starting at 6:30p and
8p.  Please be on time to participate.

One Night Show - Students of Alan Daniel
Alan's students display their finished work and works in progress.  A
variety of media types and art styles will be represented.

One Night Show - Cynosure Jewelry - Habitat
Habitat- the creation of 'homes' for jewelry to be displayed in your
environment when you are not wearing it.

Globe residents with Open Studios -- Welcome to our spaces -- come in,
look around, and visit!
Margaret Wood, Potter.  Alan Daniel, Painter & Illustrator. Becky
Webster, Potter. Sean M Puckett, Photographer.  Alexandra Daini,
Silver Jewelry.  Julianna Yau, Sculptress.  Marlene Pomeroy,
Bookbinder. Sheila Trinkaus, Painter.  Shannon Kennedy & Juan
Bohorquez, Cynosure jewelery.  Melissa Doherty, Painter.  Fatima
Garzan, Painter.  S. Gordon Harwood, Painter. Kathryn Forler, Mixed
Media.

THIRD THURSDAYS AT GLOBE
6p—10p.   Third Thursday of each month.

Globe Studios Centre for the Arts
141 Whitney Place, Kitchener ON     www.globestudios.org

Creative organizations, artists, musicians, performers and related
groups — want to put on a show, exhibit or project?  Get in touch -
thirdthursdayskw at gmail.com