[kw-pm] kw-pm upcoming; April: hardware hacking

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Wed Feb 11 13:22:58 PST 2009

For a variety of (really good) reasons, February's meeting is kaput.  Some
of us may go out for drinks anyhow.

Seeking a topic or two for March's meeting.

April's meeting, however, is worth waiting for.

http://kw.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?ArduinoHardwareHacking

It became clear, on the IRC channel, that a bunch of us are interested in
a hardware-hacking demo.  Andrew K. volunteered to lead us on a hands-on
demo of the Arduino, a microcontroller board with serious possibilities.
(http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/InterfacingWithHardware)

Yes, it works with perl.

We are ordering hardware from www.adafruit.com: $30USD + $5 shipping, or
probably about $5 less if we reach 10 units.  Want in?  Add your name to
the wiki link: http://kw.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?ArduinoHardwareHacking

I'll collect money at the meeting, unless you make arrangements to pick
yours up earlier.  I'll put in the order by the first week in March, so be
sure to get your name on the order list before then.  (If you might want
two, put "maybe two" and I can confirm by the order date.  But please
don't sign up if you're not ordering; I don't really want 6 of them
myself, as cool as that might be... No really, I don't.)

-Daniel