[kw-pm] Upcoming BBBQ and Talks

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Sun Jul 27 17:14:20 PDT 2008

KW Perl Mongers has an exciting summer and autumn planned just for you.
And you.  And you.

For August (the 21st), we will have our nth annual BBQ, this year at
wmat's house in North Waterloo.  Directions will follow on this list.
[I just checked. n=6.  We've been doing this for over six years, folks!]

In September, we're lucky enough to have a follow-up talk on threading-
because when Eric investigates something, he goes thorough.  His
description is:

"Asynchronous Message Passing: Investigating an alternative strategy for
managing concurrent applications"

"fishbot will continue his investigation into concurrent applications
using Perl threads. The July talk focused on Threading basics and standard
synchronization mechanisms, this talk will look at using an asynchronous
message passing framework to build applications.

This talk is standalone, attendance at the July talk is not required or
assumed."

And in October, we have a guest presentation from Simon Ditner, who
has made the shift from Perl to Python, and would like to talk about his
experiences.

I'm looking forward to all of these. Hope to see you there.
-Daniel