[kw-pm] November kw.pm Meeting: Opcodes Illustrated

fishbulb eric at uc.org
Thu Nov 15 08:25:43 PST 2007

Since there were a number of newcomers last month who were
relatively new (or completely new) to Perl, I'd like to note that
this talk is not as technical, scary or indepth as the
description makes it sound.

Despite the words opcode, bytecode, optimizer, and feeding,
this talk:

  * assumes no knowledge of Perl internals
  * assumes no C knowledge, and in fact involves no C
  * requires no particular Perl knowledge, though you should
    understand basic concepts like conditionals, loops,
    assignment and so on (in general terms)

Eric

---- original message : 2007-11-15 10:48am : Daniel R. Allen ----