[kw-pm] November kw.pm Meeting: Opcodes Illustrated

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Tue Nov 13 08:25:49 PST 2007

Just a quick reminder that the November meeting is this Thursday.

Thursday, November 15, 2007, 7pm

Opcodes Illustrated

fishbot has been playing around feeding opcode trees into GraphViz to
reveal how various language constructs get compiled to bytecode. Compiled
Perl turns out to be pretty interesting, once you can see it in living
colour. Possibly talk will go as far of as the peephole optimizer, but at
the very least, will demonstrate the bytecode behind key language
features.

Meeting is in BMH 1035 at the University of Waterloo, directions
are here:

http://kw.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?FAQ

Also as usual, our pizza is sponsored by $anonymous++.  Please RSVP
here by 5pm on Thursday:

http://kw.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?PizzaList

As always, meeting is open to all interested.  As always, we will
retire for beer and conversation at a local establishment
afterwards.