[kw-pm] YAPC photo mosaic

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Tue Mar 21 08:35:52 PST 2006

Verry interestink:

Posted from http://yapcchicago.org/2006/03/21/yapcna-photo-mosaic/

---
Nathan Harrington has an article on IBM developerWorks that illustrates
using Perl and ImageMagick to create photo mosaic images. I was talking
with him last week and he offered to create one for YAPC::NA 2006! If you
want to have a photo added to the mosaic, send it to
josh-at-yapcchicago.org as soon as you can and I'll pass it along to
Nathan.
---

The code is quite simple, and I plan to start experimenting.  There are
obvious improvmements, selecting photos with similar dominant colours, and
replacing colours based on the dominant colour of the replacement...

I think kw.pm should be in the yapc photo, though.
-Daniel