[kw-pm] wrapup: perl6 talk

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Thu Jun 15 20:02:43 PDT 2006

A big thanks to Eric for his perl6 talk. Interesting content, both for the
talk and the discussion about what people like and also don't like about
the changes in perl6.  Lots of both.  Though, more exposure may change my
opinions about some things (say, the ~ operator, and the new -> which just
seems weird to me now).  No doubt, perl5 will continue strong (either
standalone or as perl6 emulation).  And who knows what weirdnesses people
will come up with that will be possible only in p6.

Since it was billed as a topic with no slides, we have no slides for the
website, but I expect we can probably put up fish's perl6 code.

We've not comfirmed next month's talk topic, but we were tossing around
ideas after drinking.  We'll announce that here when there's something
definite.

Thanks for the good meeting, all;

-Daniel