[kw-pm] Fwd: K/W Ruby Users Group

Daniel Allen da at coder.com
Thu Jun 15 12:03:07 PDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Traynor <wmat at naoi.ca>
Date: Jun 15, 2006 2:19 PM
Subject: [kwlug disc.] K/W Ruby Users Group
<trug at lists.sewm.org>

Announcing the formation of a Kitchener/Waterloo Ruby User Group.
This group is dedicated to the study and application of the Ruby
language and Ruby based technologies, such as RubyonRails.

The Group will be found online at www.kwrug.ca (once the DNS entry
propagates).  There are no physical meetings scheduled at present, but
one will be scheduled in the near future, on a Tuesday (naturally).

IRC:  #kwrug on Freenode

There is one mailing list (for now):
talk at kwrug.ca

Subscribe by sending an email to talk-request at kwrug.ca with the word
subscribe in the body of the email.

For anyone interested, here's an offer from Manning regarding their
recent Rails book:

> Three offers from Manning:
> 1. We are promoting our recently published "Ruby for Rails" to Ruby
> user groups and offering 40% off on orders placed at our website.
> 2. We are running a Ruby contest with a grand prize of a $100
> Manning.com gift certificate and other prizes.
> 3. We are offering to UGs a free review copy of this book for any
> group willing to write and post a review within 30 days.
>
> We have posted a copy of the Contest Offer and Special Discount
> flyer in the Manning Sandbox. It contains contest rules and the discount code
> for the 40% off. Would you please extend these offers to your group? Download
> the flyer here:
> http://www.manning-sandbox.com/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=229&externalID=3896

Cheers
Bill Traynor