[kw-pm] Perl puzzles and 20Q

lloyd carr dcarr at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Jan 4 13:29:24 PST 2006

> I tricked it 4 times out of 5 with regular everyday items...  The 5th time was
> when I selected something just to let it win.  :-)

Strange I have found it quite good. My wife and I thought of mongoose and
then when it began to ask questions like "Does it travel in groups" we
realized we knew very little about mongeese ;-) In spite of our lack of
knowledge it guessed hyrax at question sixteen (I learned something by
looking up hyrax) and mongoose at question twenty, eerie. It also got
barbie doll, vodka and nebula!

I find the mechanism very hard to explain to non-techies. I thought it
might be simple to make a version that learns how to play high-low, with the
advantage that it could be trained by another program. The high-low
version might be simpler to explain.

- Lloyd