[kw-pm] test fish crossword test

Carr, Dave dc0955 at gates.com
Thu Aug 10 10:59:45 PDT 2006

>I would suggest real puzzle, but just insert the theme answers
>into the candidate list.  The selection algorithm should place
>these first, and there is likely only a single configuration
>anyway.

Easy since I do about four 15X15 puzzles a day :)

>If we can keep the candidate list down to about 5k words that
>would give us a pared-down problem to start with.

I'd have to include three and four letter acronyms, short forms, proper
names etc. I would think a smaller list might actually make it harder
for the algorithm to find a fill? If I include all the words in the
actual solution in the list we know that the program should find at
least one solution ;)

I'll cobble one together tonight.

- Lloyd