[kw-pm] YAPC volunteers? & registrations

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Mon May 16 10:35:36 PDT 2005

On the YAPC front: a year ago, we had a pile of people who signaled
interest in volunteering on-site.  I'd like to have a show of hands of who
are still interested, so I can bring that back to Richard.  Also there
will be a planning meeting for volunteers this next Tuesday in Toronto, at
the conference site.  I hope to go, and I'd be happy to carpool.

If you're sitting on the fence about registering: there may still be
on-site dorm rooms; and I had the thought that if people are interested in
just going down for a day and an evening, the price of registration ($85)
would be well worth one day of talks and the dinner cruise on Lake Ontario
(Tuesday).  But there are also exciting things happening on Monday
and Wednesday too, so check the schedule!
http://yapc.org/America/schedule-2005/day1.html

Another thing worth exploring is that your job might be willing to
consider it training, and therefore send you with their blessing.  My boss
was happy to do so, so it can't hurt to ask. :)

There.  Now I don't need to report that at the meeting, and you know it
three days earlier.  :)

-Daniel