[kw-pm] Call (...still...) for YAPC recording equipment

Fulko Hew fhew3 at cogeco.ca
Thu Jun 16 21:25:25 PDT 2005

This is my second call for volunteered equipment to allow
us to record the various sessions during this years YAPC.

I'm looking for:

a) Three laptops with a CD drive, Ethernet, and 256M memory
   to act as the audio recording hardware.

   (So far I have 1 guaranteed and tested,
    and 2 pledged but untested (Alex... please test them!)

b) Three laptops with a CD drive, Ethernet, 256M memory
   AND firewire, to act as the video recording hardware.

   (So far I have only 1 guaranteed and tested.  I need TWO more!)

c) Three 'digital video' cameras that have firewire output
   and a 'mic' jack input.

   (So far I have 2 guaranteed and tested, and I need one more.)

If I can't get three video recording PCs, then I still want
3 cameras and the loan of a whack of tape to at least record
it all for later digitization.  Maybe up to 32 hrs worth of tape!.

If you can help in any way, send me an email.